Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another Small Quilt Retreat

This past weekend some of my Illinois friends from my Yahoo group organized a small quilt retreat near Chicago. Quilters from several states and Canada attended and we all had a lot of fun.
 
 

 
The retreat was held at Techny Towers, a conference center and former seminary in Northbrook Illinois.
 
 
 
The grounds were lovely.
 
 
 
 
Since it was not my retreat and I wasn't teaching a workshop, quilters were allowed to bring anything they wanted to work on. Many, of course, brought small quilt projects, some from the challenges we have been doing this year and last.
 
 
I gave a demo on making the Orange Peel quilt that's in Remembering Adelia.
 
  
 

 
 
 

Karen made us all special quilted name tags. So sweet!
 
 
 
 


 
We had a Show & Tell of small quilts  -
 
 
 
 
And a few large quilts too . . .
 



 
 
Keep this small quilt retreat in mind for later this year. Heather in our group is planning on organizing another one for the fall and perhaps we will see some of you there there. We'd love it if you joined us.
 

I don't want to hear any excuses that you live too far away. Helen and Linda drove all the way from Canada to sew with us here in Chicago . . .
 

15 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The quilts are amazing--such skill.

Okay, I live a long way and it is very tempting to start making plans to attend.

Janet O. said...

What a fun get together--and it looks like a great place. I see some quilts from patterns I have made, and a quilt from a pattern I just bought. Makes me want to go make it right now! : )

quiltgrannie said...

What a fun little get away we all had! It was so good to see you Kathy and not have you worry about teaching and just relaxing and having fun along with us all. And for people that have to make a long trip, you can pay a little extra and stay more days right there.

Marisa said...

Muy bello todo . PAZ Y AMOR

Dora, the Quilter said...

Oh, my, I remember when that was a seminary. Love those buildings!
The quilt retreat sounds lovely too.

Merilyn said...

Lovely photos of your retreat, looks as though you all had a really great time, and the group being a good size too. Wonderful building and grounds, love the photo of the stairs and window!!

Anonymous said...

OH, my! The pictures of Techny Towers make me so homesick. I grew up near by and remember the seminary well. We just don't see that type of green here in Egypt. Looks like I missed out on a lot of fun! Debbie

Unknown said...

I love to see this picture. I'm a french member from the group. This would be so nice to join you. Thank's for sharing the picture with us. Blessings
Sandra

Jenny from Bristol UK said...

Lovely pictures, helps to make me feel a tiny bit involved in retreat. Jenny Bristol UK

agullainquieta said...

A wondelful day!
Kissses

sue bennett said...

WOW. Wonderful photos. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Wish I could have been there.

Rosa said...

Awesome photos and quilts!

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow - if all of those wonderful projects don't inspire you, nothing will! What fun!

Susan said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Carmen y Prady said...

Que encuentro de amigas más estupendo. Se ve que lo pasasteis muy bien. El sitio del encuentro es precioso. Enhorabuena por todos los trabajos que hicisteis, son todos muy bonitos.
Un beso desde Spain.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails