Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Fun Trip to Ohio

I had to leave the retreat early last weekend because I had a previously scheduled presentation and workshop in Springfield, Ohio, on Monday. I know I say this all the time but I meet the nicest quilters when I travel. Springfield is a great town and the ladies made me feel so at home. Mary M. had a wonderful sense of humor and kept telling us funny stories at the program. Some very sweet ladies.


After I finished my Show & Tell of quilts someone said they believed I brought more quilts than any other speaker had ever brought to their guild before.  That's because 30 of my quilts equals one large quilt of some other quilters, LOL.


 
 
See what I mean? This quilter hand pieced and totally hand quilted her beautiful quilt. It's probably equal to at least 30 of my little ones . . .

On the way home, as usual, we stopped at a quaint little town to check out the antiques -


Love these row houses
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shoot, I'm kicking myself -  I should have bought this doll cradle even though I already have several. I didn't buy it because I'm trying to get rid of stuff in my house, not acquire more things I really don't need. Sure is cute.
 
 
 
 
I'll be in Ankeny, Iowa, for a program next month. Contact the guild for more details if you live nearby and are interested in attending.

5 comments:

Betty Lou said...

If you get to Marion, Ohio, be sure to stop at Good Wives Quilt Shop, you won't be disappointed. Have a good trip.

Julierose said...

What a lovely post for a memorial day weekend; those antique quilts just draw you in and make you wonder about the lives they led...thank you, julierose

Marisa said...

Todo muy bello . PAZ Y AMOR

Anonymous said...

I loved all of the pics from the Antique Shop! And the large hand-pieced quilt in pastel colors was JUST BEAUTIFUL! Do you know the name of the pattern she used?
Thank you for a wonderful Blog!

agullainquieta said...

Qué bonito todo, seguro que pasásteis un precioso dia!
Un abrazo

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails