Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


We're spending a rather quiet Thanksgiving today. One of my sisters will be here with the four of us but the others are spending it with their own kids and grandkids who are spread out all over. My son came home from college and it's so good to see him! Even if it means sharing the good TV and running out of food . . .



My daughter made a pumpkin pie - her tradition since she learned to bake years ago. I made my first attempt at a pecan pie - uh oh, I burned it a little. Oh well. I'm sure it will taste just fine served with ice cream to cover up the burnt parts. Martha, if you're reading this, forgive me, LOL. The creamed spinach turned out great.



I hope all of you in the U.S. have a wonderful holiday surrounded by family and loved ones. Don't forget to count your blessings. And that means being especially grateful for the crabby, cranky relatives too . . . There's a few in every family (not mine, of course) -  just don't let yourself be one of them!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! It is my mother and SO, daughter, son and his SO, hubbie and I. Small group, but the son eats for 4!

marian said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kathy, wish i was there to sample all that fine fare. Enjoy spending time with your family. x

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Beautiful quilt blocks and fabric.

quiltingnana said...

thanks for the good wishes

Louise said...

Your dishes all look delish! There are just three of us this weekend..my husband and I and our grand daughter also home from college. We got snowed in yesterday and I do hope it keeps melting off as she has her trip back to school on Sunday..Happy quilting weather..

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails