Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blown in by the Autumn Winds

My yahoo group SmallQuiltTalk  just finished a Maple Leaf block exchange. I had signed up to participate but then got sick and felt terrible when I had to drop out. Imagine my surprise when everyone in the exchange made extra blocks and sent them to me! You know how much I love Fall and all of its colors.


Now I have my very own blocks to make my own special Maple Leaf quilt. Some were signed with the makers' names on the back, in the seams. Someone in the group suggested putting the names of the block makers on the back of the quilt and I think that's a great idea so I will never forget. The group is going to do a Signature Swap with some small blocks in January. We'll have to see if I can join in this time.


Aren't they beautiful? I hear there are more on the way and I can't wait. Thank you all so much for thinking of me!

This wonderful magazine with lots and lots of great scrappy quilts and Kathie's Tumbler quilt on the cover also arrived in the mail last week. There was a little card inside with a note that was signed "Your friend" but no signature. Hey! This is driving me crazy!


I guess the sender wishes to remain anonynous but I sure would like to know who it was so I can thank her properly! C'mon, Anonymous,  'fess up . . .





If you like scrappy quilts, you all "need" this magazine -

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yum, need that one! Have fun with the blocks!

Quiet Quilter said...

What nice surprises! Blocks and inspiration! What nice friends you have.

May Britt said...

I just got this magazine from a friend in usa and I looooooooove it. A lot of projects I want to do in it :)

Joanne said...

The maple leaf blocks are great - one of my favorites.♥

Wonky Girl said...

Lucky you to have friends send such pretty leaf blocks. Yup, that magazine looks like one I need cuz I like scrappy so I'm off to town and will stop in Borders to look for the magazine.
Thanks for sharing the block pics and mag :)

Jocelyn said...

Such pretty quilts!

Janet said...

What gorgeous leaf blocks!! You will be able to make a beautiful fall quilt with these for sure. Such a thoughtful gift.
Yes, that magazine is a must have :0)

Leeanne said...

Oh this looks like a great magazine, I get the Quilt Sampler by the same folks...you have lots of lovely looking scrappies!Wow you have fabulous trees that give you great autumn leaves.

Anonymous said...

What nice friends you have to make extra blocks for you. The blocks are so pretty. Can't wait to see how you use them. I really enjoy your blog.

Darlis

Kathleen Tracy said...

Mystery solved! Pam Buda was the culprit. Thanks, Pam!

Anonymous said...

There are not many upsides to being sick, but getting lots of beautiful surprises in the mail sure creates a badly needed distraction LOL. Enjoy your well deserved bounty!!! .....Merilyn

Karen said...

My goodness, Kathleen...your maple leaves are beautiful and such a nice variety of colors and fabrics. I just bought that magazine too and I love it. Scrappy quilts are so beautiful.
I look forward to seeing what you do with your new blocks.

marian said...

wow they are the prettiest little maple leaf blocks ever..LUCKY you!! and a magazine too..doubly LUCKY :) x

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How wonderful for you! What a beautiful bunch of maple leaf blocks.

antique quilter said...

oh I am glad you got the Sew Scrappy issue I know you like scrappy quilts like i do! There are so many in there I want to make. I am actually cutting for another tumbler quilt , I want to make it a true charm and queen size! Thanks.

Love the maple leaf blocks. I love fall and these blocks sure reflect that in color as well as hey its all about the leaves this time of year!
Kathie

Heather said...

I too have that magazine and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! As if Kathie's quilt on the very front wasn't enough to suck you in and buy it, their are some fabulous projects in it too (many of which you have taken pictures of).
I'm glad the leaves finally arrived. What a scare! I can see mine among all those pretty little things! Happy piecing!
Heather

One Second Needle said...

Great post! Autumn is a beautiful time of the year and the kindness shown by your friends is wonderful.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails