Thursday, July 14, 2016

Small and Scrappy

Happy day! My new book is up on Amazon.com and so that means it's coming soon. Now you can finally see the cover and read a little bit about it. 


Small and Scrappy, Pint-Size Patchwork Quilts Using Reproduction Fabrics by Kathleen Tracy 
It has a nice ring to it, don't you think? 

The book includes patterns for 16 delightful little quilts. The quilt on the cover was made by - drum roll, please - my friend Marian from Australia. How exciting that this particular quilt that I designed for the book that she made for me was chosen for the cover! I can almost see those of you in my small quilt groups jumping up and down in excitement. You all know Marian and know that her quiltmaking talents and skills are awesome. It gets better. Then, as soon as you open the book you will see another quilt on the title page that was made by another familiar name.  Sorry, you'll just have to wait till you have it in your hands to see that one. 


All of my quilts are still with the publisher so I have no photos to show you yet.

You can pre-order the book from Amazon.com.  Books will for sure be available for purchase from your local quilt shop sometime in December. You can ask them to order it for you. 

I will also be taking pre-orders for signed books on my website but probably not until October or November. I'll let you know. I have it on good authority that books will be shipping from Martingale (my publisher) to shops in early December. If you order a signed copy of the book, I'll do my best to get your book out to you as soon as possible after my books arrive. 

Amazon.com has a wonderful feature where you can take a peek inside books but I think they wait to show that until the book is actually released. Keep checking the page and soon you'll be able to see some photos from inside the book. They look wonderful.



The book includes some cute pincushions you can make that match some of the quilts.





12 comments:

marian said...

Kathy, i'm thrilled to bits about your new book release and i can't wait to get a signed copy of it!!
Now that i've seen the cover i'm even more excited to see what's on the inside.. can't believe that's my little quilt on the cover!!

Robin McGuire said...

Congratulations to Kathy and to Marian! How exciting! The anticipation continues to build...

Robyn of Robyns Nest said...

Kathy, I'm looking forward to your book too. As soon as I saw the cover on Facebook, I thought it looked familiar. Then I just read Marian's comment. (I'm lucky & feel very proud to call Marian a good friend)

quiltgrannie said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations to you Kathy for coming out with a new book, we have all been waiting patiently for that!! And so happy for Marian to have her quilt featured on the cover!!! Yay!!!

Debra said...

Really looking forward to the release of your new book. Still working my way through your previous books, but I love the anticipation!

Liz, Rochester, Ny said...

Congratulations Kathy & Marion. I will get the book. Great job

Rosemary said...

What? You mean we are actually supposed to make all the quilts in the books we get and love? I'm in so much trouble! Might as well go all the way and add this wonderful book to my "still need to make" collection!! Congratulations and can hardly wait to get it!!

sue bennett said...

Congrats Marian, The cover is beautiful. Kathy we all love and enjoy all the quilts that are in your books so we all look forward to seeing it in December..

Ann in PA said...

Kathy, How wonderful! I love that beautiful little quilt! I can't wait to see the rest. Congratulation to Marian, no surprise there, to have her quilt grace the cover of your new book. OH, I really can't wait for Christmas!!!

Jennifer M said...

Beautiful cover, congratulations Kathy and Marian and another!!??? Can't wait to sit down with your book and fill my heart with happiness<3 I know I will love all your quilts in this book Kathy, just as all your books:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kathy, I love to make small quilts, I will love to read your book soon.

Melanie said...

Congrats -- a book for the girl who needs 80 hours in a 24 hour day.... I can complete these!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails