Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dinner in a Box

Have you tried one or seen ads for those meal-in-a-box subscriptions containing food delivered right to your door?  My sister-in-law ordered one from Martha Stewart called Marley Spoon and they gave her a free coupon to give to a friend. The coupon was good for 3 meals. She gave it to me! 


Martha and Marley Spoon

The boxes come with a choice of meals and include recipes for 2, 3, or 4 meals per week. For my free box I was allowed three meals and ordered ingredients for Summer Chicken & Vegetables, Spinach-Strawberry Salad and Almond-Tomato Pasta. Good choices I thought. If Martha likes it, it's usually okay with me.


Here's what came in the box:




Everything was incredibly fresh and looks very tasty. There's orzo, balsamic vinegar, capers, Kalamata olives, chicken breasts (packed nice and cold with ice packs), rotini pasta, tomatoes, spices, garlic, zucchini, strawberries, more tomatoes, almonds, fresh Romano cheese, Pecorino - everything you need to prepare three easy meals. All you need to add from your pantry is oil, salt and pepper. Or a loaf of French bread to go with the salad. It all came refrigerated and packed nicely. (But HEAVY - I had to drag it inside, couldn't pick up the box. Need to do some serious strength training I guess.)





They sent waaaay too many strawberries for tomorrow's salad so I thought I'd just sneak a few now for a snack . . . .


Cooking is sure going to be fun the rest of this week! No thinking or shopping necessary . . . . I'm going to prepare the chicken and vegetables tonight.





12 comments:

sue bennett said...

It all looks great. I love strawberry and spinach salad with poppy seed dressing. It is a meal all by itself. I will have to look into this service. I could get used to not having to shop..

Kathleen Tracy said...

Not only that - the recipe sheets come with pictures and it all looks so easy you can cook it without thinking too much. I spend a lot of my time planning meals, looking for recipes, shopping for the food, then preparing.

Gloria said...

Will need to check into this. Might be too much for just me and my husband, but having leftovers would be ok. Certain beats waiting in lines.

Jennifer M said...

Impressive, didn't know there was such a thing! I'm sure I would love anything Martha makes LOL. She sure makes it look easy and if I had a set up like hers and every gadget imaginable, I would spend all kinds of time in my kitchen. Looks delish Kathy:)

quiltgrannie said...

It all looks so good!! What a great service. So convenient!! What a nice gift!!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

That looks and sounds so good and so fun!

suz said...

my son and his wife love to cook and have used Blue Apron several times. They have been very pleased with it.

moosecraft said...

I have seen this advertised and was thinking of giving it a try... having everything delivered right to your door would certainly help freshen and healthy up our dinner menu!

Ruth said...

I haven't seen anything on TV about this. Depending on the price, I would be interested for sure! Looks very interesting.

Kathleen Tracy said...

This was a fun thing to try, especially since it was free. This service seems a little pricey to me and I'd like to find out what others are like, if they are more affordable. But I have to say the quality and quantity was great. There was more than enough food to go around and everything was soo incredibly fresh. My family liked the flavors in the recipes. Using the fresh herbs and seasonings and other ingredients that were included in the box added a nice flair that I probably would not have done myself.

annie said...

Don't need pricey.
But everything looks very good.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

We did three meals of Hello Fresh at a low introductory price. They were excellent but then we cancelled because it was too expensive to continue. And we know how to cook and have access to lots of farmer's markets and good organic food.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails