Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Proud Mama

Bragging rights! This past weekend we attended the graduation of our son who graduated with a double degree in Philosophy and Psychology - cum laude, no less. And an Art minor. And in four years too! He worked hard. I can't tell you how proud we are. He received an excellent education and I know he has a bright future ahead of him, even if he doesn't have a full-time job just yet, LOL. My son, the Philosopher . . . I told one of his professors I was afraid at times that his head would explode from all of the critical thinking he was doing.


My daughter deserves kudos too - she graduated early from high school this past January and will be attending the same college that her brother attended in the fall. We're very happy about that. She's taking a different path though. Do we really need TWO philosophers in the family?? How time flies . . . . and so many transitions coming up for all of us.


This one's a Philosopher too, always thinking about something . . .



Will I survive the Empty Nest?? (I told my daughter that I will miss her so much when she goes away that I may just have to get another puppy. Shh, don't tell my husband I even SAID that.) The upside to all this is that we have only four more years of tuition payments . . . Yippee - we're halfway there!
*  *  *
I'm still not quilting yet, have been too busy. But thanks to those of you who are still sending me so many words of encouragement (and precious gifts too!). I will respond soon, I promise.

18 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Double congratulations... what wonderful accomplishments by your children!

Miki Willa said...

Congratulations on raising such outstanding children.

Susan said...

Bragging rights for sure...congratulations to the graduates!

quiltingmieke said...

piep

wow congratulations for jour son en for you all ho love's him

so fine to be proud of your children

hug mieke

Millie en Miles said...

Congratulations !!!! for you're son and for you !!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Congrats to all of you. Your kids for doing so well and for you helping them and being there for them so they could do it!!!
Karen in IL.

Carrie said...

Congratulations to all the Tracys! You and your husband are to be praised, commended and you deserve being proud! You've raised two lovely, accomplished young adults.

While you might not need two philosophers in the family, two dogs would be a good thing. :)

Kathleen Tracy said...

Yeah, but adding one more would make THREE dogs . . . in which case my husband might leave . . . .

Louise said...

Congratulations to both your son and your daughter and praise to you and your husband as well. We just experienced our one and only grand daughter graduating from college as well. Very proud we are!

Jocelyn said...

Wow what an accomplishment! Congratulations to your son. And to Mom and Dad too for their faithful support.

The Civil War Quilter said...

Congrats and congrats again! A talented duo. You should be proud! Besides being smart, they are both good looking kids too! Empty nest is tough, been there, done that. I'll be thinking of you come fall term.

Deb said...

Congratulations on your son's graduation. You deserve to feel proud--as does he!! Enjoy your daughter while she's home! I've had one leave the nest and it was an odd experience. I still have 2 at home.
I'm so glad to hear that your "quilter wheels" are starting to move again!

Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com
PS: What breed is your dog? He is a cutie!

Merilyn said...

Great news Kathy! You must be very proud of their achievements!!! For your son, now the real work begins! I'm sure he will do well in following a successful career!!!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!! You have every right to be proud of that outstanding young man!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, accomplished children. You deserve to be proud. It sounds as if you are feeling better and gaining strength. That's good news!

Me and My Stitches said...

Congrats - you have every right to be very proud of both of them. I think you must have raised them right!

Taryn said...

Congratulations to the graduate! I loved my kids' college graduations. Getting a is such a challenge for these young people. Good luck to him. Let me know if he decides he wants a graduate degree in public policy. We have a lot of philosophers in our student body.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Wonderful children to be proud of! Good luck to your son to find a good job!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails