Friday, September 22, 2023

Autumn Leaves Sew Along - Part 1

Here are the blocks for Step 1 of our fall quilt sew along. The quilt is called Autumn Leaves. Isn't it a sweet, quirky little block? I drafted it from a block I saw in an antique quilt. A little different from the usual Maple Leaf block.  You'll find instructions in my Facebook group files or on the Autumn Leaves Sew Along page of my website.



                                   

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."  - Emily Bronte

In case you're wondering, in the coming weeks, we'll be making a little quilt in four parts using some small blocks. I'll upload directions in my Facebook group files (and also on my website) every Friday through the middle of October. This will be a pattern for a quick and easy little quilt for you to display around the house, on a table or hanging on a wall. Perfect for the fall season.


                                   (Blocks from last year's sew along, not this current one.)


Making your blocks with scraps adds to the fun. Before you begin, take a little time to sort through your scrap box or basket. You never know what you'll find. And you know how playing around with fabric always makes your creativity flow. So does buying new fabric. You have my permission to do that, LOL. We all need a little pick-me-up now and then.


Over the years, I've found that there are two things that help us to successfully finish a project - taking it in small steps and sewing along with friends. Always more fun in a group. I like to do these sew alongs on Facebook because making a quilt in a group gives you so much inspiration as well as support from others and encouragement to finish. And, if you need help, there's always someone there who knows what to do.  If you're not already a member, click on the FB group link on the right sidebar of my blog.




It's almost pumpkin time! There are a couple of  patterns for pumpkin quilts in my Etsy shop



Don't forget - the sew along is all about using the fabrics and colors you love. Make it scrappy! I'll give you the next part on Friday, September 29.





No comments: