Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Keeping Up

I am always just a little bit behind on social media. No, I do NOT keep up with the Kardashians. Took me years to get a blog, then a Facebook page, Pinterest page, long after everyone else was doing it. Everyone seems to be having fun on Instagram these days, however, showing off their photos of quilts they've made. I just made the jump to an Instagram account and hope you'll follow me if you are also on it. Or join so you can see some of my stuff.  

What is Instagram?

Instagram is a fun and quirky way to share with friends through a series of pictures captured with your mobile device. Snap a photo with your phone, add a comment, then choose a filter to transform the image into a memory and upload it to your Instagram page. One more way to connect with the rest of the world. I have a lot of fun connecting with quilters from all over on Facebook, my Yahoo group and the blog so why not Instagram as well? 

You will discover that there are some awesome quilters and photos on Instagram and they have wonderful filters so you can enhance your pictures in many different ways. In order to "Like" someone or post a comment you do have to be a member by downloading the app free from the Apple App Store (for iPhones) or Google Play (or your android phone). 

I know, I know - what perfect timing I have. Instagram has been in the news lately because Taylor Swift's Instagram account was just hacked. Hacked! Oh, my goodness. Some hackers posted a message that did not come from her. But she survived and got her account back up. Clearly I am no Taylor Swift and there are no nude photos of me hiding out there in Internetland so I don't think I have anything to worry about. But why oh why didn't they go after the Kardashians and shut them down instead??

Hope to connect with some of you on Instagram. Keep in mind, you can't use this kind of phone . . . . (although, since I never had one as a teenager, I still would like a vintage Princess phone in blue someday.)


Visit me - http://instagram.com/kathy.tracy.quilts/  (or click the link on the blog sidebar). If you already have an account, just search for Kathleen Tracy. (But remember - I am not the Kathleen Tracy who sings or the Kathleen Tracy who writes celebrity biographies. It's a popular name, what can I say.). I'm sure I'll be #hashtagging "small quilts" all over the place as soon as I figure out exactly what that means . . . . 



7 comments:

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Hi Kathleen
Looking forward to sharing with you on instagram, I also liked your facebook page as I am a little slow on the social media merry go round too. Love your little quilts.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

akkk...I'm old enough to have had all five of those phones. That just makes me gloomy ;)

Scrappy quilter said...

So interesting that we have so many different areas to go to. I'm a blogger and on FB. I just don't have time for all the rest. I hope you get to meet lots of people there and have fun doing so.

Phyllis said...

Love IG, glad you joined, just became a follower of yours there, looking forward to your posts!

Susan said...

I'm new to Instagram myself, and sure am taking a while to learn the ropes. Glad to see you on it, and looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Anna said...

I love instagram being a very visual person, lol..found you and started following. I did go off Facebook and am enjoying life better!

Jocelyn said...

I've been on Instagram since my daughter traveled to Australia a couple of years ago. I love seeing what's going on with other quilters. I just signed up to add you. I hope you will follow me ;-) Happycottagequilter

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails