Thursday, January 8, 2015

I'm 7 for 7

Jane is still on my brain. I've made seven blocks in seven days. Seven. Can you believe it? I find this amusing and so unlike me. I had no intention of making more than one block, maybe 2 ,  in January. I guess when you have some free time and the mood strikes you you have to go with it. And perhaps by the end of today (Jan 8)  I'll be 8 for 8. Who can say when my winning streak will end? I'd like to think I can go until January 12. Then I'll have achieved my goal of completing 12 blocks for this year and won't feel bad if I miss a few weeks or months here and there when I get busy. Wouldn't that be something? Anything else will be gravy. 



See those tiny appliqued triangles? Arrrgh!  Not fun. I thought of omitting them - just for a moment.  Who would know? But a small voice in my head said - "Go on. Pfffft - you can do this. Jane did it." 



Today I laid out all of the blue blocks I've made. Didn't realize there were so many. I'm going to set some of these in a secondary blue Trip Around the World arrangement. After the pink row and the yellow row. Everything else is more or less random and I hope to God it actually looks okay when the blocks are all put together. I think I probably have to start filling in with some more browns to tone down the pinks, blues, reds and greens. But I have so many beautiful, favorite fabrics I'm longing to sew into this quilt! 


Speaking of blue - Good news! Blue Blog has been resurrected for the time being. (Who knows how long that will last?) Some of you have been wondering why I stopped. No reason, just that blogging takes time and I ran out of inspiration. But I think I've gotten my blue "mojo" back now, at least for a little while.  And speaking of mojo - such a silly word but I kind of love it. Makes me want to dance. Have you lost yours? Winter, post-holiday letdown feelings and cabin fever will do that to you. The reason I've finished so many blocks is that, because it's been so cold here (-5 this morning, not including wind chill), I've stayed home and haven't gone out in a few days. Read this or this to try and get your mojo back. Then go off and make something pretty. Always works for me. 

22 comments:

Rose said...

Lovely Dear Jane blocks. You inspire me to get mine out and start working on them again!

Free time and the mood strikes, don't you love it when that happens.

Happy stitching -- Rose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they all look so pretty - I remember sometimes only making one in a whole month and then other times 2 a day I finished the binding on my second one just last night and need to get it washed and dried but this freezing cold weather has messed up my washer - a pipe froze - so washing my quilt will need to wait

Kathy Kline said...

Way to go! I've also made a goal for 2015 to resume Dear Jane, I started in 2005. Finished block A-11 this week. Tiny pieces-gets the brain cells working figuring out a way to make these blocks. As each one is accomplished- a "Woo-Hoo!" moment!

anica gp said...

WOWWWW!!! Oh my God...Did you say seven blocks in seven days?
Seven Dear Jane blocks in seven days ...Congratulation !!! I think you are a "super woman" Kath...And your blocks are perfect and beautiful!!!
I bought Dear Jane´s book three years ago but I didn´t start it yet :D

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful blocks.

Marian said...

Woohoo way to go Kathy!! All your blocks look wonderful! Keep up the momentum :)) cheers.. Marian

Susan said...

Wow, you have some momentum going! Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!! Keep it up!

Jennifer M said...

Congrats Kathy, that's awesome. Keep it going for as long as it may! Your blocks are beautiful!!

Ann in PA said...

Kathy, Your blocks are beautiful! You can never have too much blue. :) Keep up the pace while you are inspired, you can relax later and still be ahead.

quiltgrannie said...

OK, You have put me to shame!!! I have to get started again, you have kicked my mojo in the rump!! All of your blocks are beautiful!!

quiltgrannie said...

OK Kathy, you have kicked my mojo in the butt. I have to get busy now!!! LOL All of your blocks are beautiful!!

Sheri in Iowa said...

Your blocks look wonderful and what speed!!! What finese!!! :) I say ride that wave until it hits the beach! :)

Anna said...

the blocks are amazing! Mojo can be hard to find this time of year but I am glad yours is back!

Carmen y Prady said...

Preciosos, yo lo tengo un poco abandonado porque estoy haciendo cosas para el bebe que llegara a casa de mi hija. Voy a ser abuela por primera vez.
Pero lo retomare en cuanto pueda.
Un beso

Yvonne said...

Beautiful blocks ! Love the. ' no pain no Jane' card. Were did you get it?

moosecraft said...

Good going on all of those Dear Jane blocks! Yes... it's the cold that's keeping us indoors making good progress on our quilts... even though we made it above zero this morning... I'll be in my sewing room stitching away! Great time of year for this kind of stuff.... :-) And yes.... finished is definitely better than perfect! :-)

Kathleen Tracy said...

No Pain, No Jane sticker was a gift from a friend. I think you can still get them from Brenda's Dear Jane website. http://www.dearjane.com/order.htm

Plum Cox said...

Good for you! The blocks look wonderful!

jane nj/wi said...

You do have a wonderful stash. The blocks are terrific and the "quilt-woman-ship " is great. Don't do a "Jane" as in mimicking me....the blocks will look great together. Who knows what layout will win in the end.....your blocks may talk to you and say.....do it This way.....your blocks do talk to you, right?

Jane in bugland.....ooo The Good Wife is back on tonight!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

It's always so inspiring to read your blog. It's snowing here, and you've got me anxious to get into the sewing room and start working.

NancyS said...

Your blocks look terrific! I finally finished a Dear Hannah quilt top that I have tucked away in a drawer. One of these days, I'll pull it out and send to the quilter. Those little blocks are so rewarding.

Teresa said...

Oh I am so inspired to start a dear jane after seeing your blocks! Here I go I'm ordering the book and CD ,wish me luck!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails