Monday, May 16, 2011

Perk-me-ups

If there's a perk to being sick, it's the kind thoughts and get well wishes I have gotten from friends from all over. Thank you so much for sending all those cards and letters. 


I appreciate every one and if I could respond I would. I am still not feeling great yet and am working out the pain meds thing. I need to take something because I am not quite healed but more often than not the pills make me drowsy or woozy and because I have so many allergies, I am limited in what I can take. I also have had to limit my diet for awhile and go for soft and bland, very low fiber for a few months, which is not fun and sometimes boring, as much as I love mashed potatoes. It's definitely a challenge to try to be creative with soft, well-cooked vegetables and fruit and a little chicken or pasta on most days. I've handed over the meal preparation to my husband for awhile.


It's not quite this bad, but it might as well be . . . I have a taste for Chinese take-out or a nice big chopped salad - both no-nos.

Other perks from family and friends -



The turquoise bracelet was a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. Isn't it beautiful? The fabric was a gift from myself that I ordered before I went into the hospital - I knew I'd need something to perk me up when I was able to sew again.


Ingrid is anxious for me to get better so I can do yoga with her . . .


See, I still read real books . . .  This one is a wonderful collection of many of my favorite poems.


Do you see a certain color trend here?? I'm glad everyone associates me with that wonderful blue-green, turquoise, aqua color . . . I think I need to get cracking on the thank you cards soon.

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful gifts to help you on your way to recovery.
I hope you continue to heal and can get back to the things you enjoy doing.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a quick recovery. From another Illinois quilter. :)

Linda C said...

While l haven't sent a gift or a card, l am thinking of you and wishing a speedy recovery!!

Cheryl said...

Obviously, we all want to see you healthy again! You have touched our hearts as well as our minds.

Merilyn said...

What lovely gifts to help you recover!!! Each day gets closer to being the old you. I wish you continued good progress in your recovery Kathy!!

Bonnie said...

You sound like you are feeling better. And, you need a pair of loooong tongs so you can pick up the stuff that drops without having to bend. Of course, I doubt if you'll ever be able to pick up a card or paper that way! I'm playing with hexagons from a particular book I own... LOL. In fact another quilt I'm actually working on is from one of your books. Keep coddling yourself. I look forward to hearing more from you on SmallQuiltsTalk. .

Mary said...

Even though the thought of 'baby' food can be yucky, some of them are really tasty - especially the fruit selections. I tend to skip the green ones, though. It's amazing how much faster we heal with pain meds so I'm glad you're getting that worked out.

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better. You have received some wonderful gifts and cards.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Best wishes to continue healing...Just now you really should be pampering yourself a bit with everything that makes you feel good and relaxed(everything you are allowed of course!;->

Ingrid said...

Love the bracelet from your daughter! I assume she made it? As far as the yoga goes, you'll probably need to motivate me to resume my yoga practice. I've been such a slug! Hope every day finds you feeling a little better.

Kelswrose said...

Is that Jane Eyre I see you reading?

My all-time favorite read!!

Hope all this discomfort you're having now will soon be just a memory. (((Hugs)))


Susanne

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails