Monday, May 16, 2022

Quilt Shop Tour: Ye Olde Schoolhouse

The past couple of years have been crazy, right? I haven't really been out much or visited any quilt shops during the pandemic. But I spent the nicest day day at Ye Olde Schoolhouse quilt shop in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, last Saturday, meeting quilters and "showing and telling" some of my quilts. Jeanie Rudich, the shop owner, is running a monthly Little Quilts club this year and they were using some of my books to make their quilts. She kindly asked me to stop by and visit with the class. Such a nice group of quilters! If you live near there or are in northern Illinois like me, stop in and see all of the wonderful fabrics and kits she has available. So worth the drive, even if you live farther away.


Ye Olde Schoolhouse in Cedarburg, Wisconsin


My favorite Schoolhouse quilt! With stars! 








Some of you ask where I get my nice variety of fabrics - Bundles! If you're looking for assorted fabrics in smaller pieces to make your scrappy quilts, Jeanie's got 'em! Check out her online shop. For now, take a tour through my photos.


Bundles are especially terrific for making the small blocks in my Schoolgirl Sampler quilt if you have a desire to start working on that someday.


If you're just looking for fabrics in a certain color to spice up your stash, give the shop a call. They carry a wonderful variety of fabrics in all colors and I know they'd be happy to put together some different prints and send them off to you in the mail if you ask. Tell them I sent you and if you like my quilts, they'll know what to send, LOL.









Check out some of the kits Jeanie made up from some quilts in my books.

                                   



This summer, I'm hoping to take a few more quilt shop tours and if I do I'll take you with me though some photos. Summer motto: Support our reproduction fabric quilt shops! Without our support, there won't be many left . . . . 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the photo tour Kathy. Look forward to more through the summer months.I usually purchased fabric from that very popular "Quilt town" in the U.S. but you're right we should be supporting small businesses. So many have closed their doors over the past two years.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Beautiful store n displays.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy a stop at Ye Olde Schoolhouse. Very helpful, creative staff and fun building!

Vickie Lewis said...

I SEE SO MANY FABRICS THAT I DON'T HAVE AND WANT IN THE STORE. wISH I COULD BUY ALL OF THEM!

Jay said...

What a great quilt shop! Thanks for taking us along and sharing such lovely photos. If I ever get up that way, I'll be sure to stop in and ogle for myself!

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt shop and yes it was an old schoolhouse!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails