Friday, January 15, 2021

Sew Along Week Three

 Join us as we make Blocks 13 - 18 in the Schoolgirl Sampler book for our sew along. 


If you're not following along in the Facebook group, go to my website (sew along page) for more info on making the blocks for this week. Some of you may want to purchase a Bloc Loc or other ruler to help you with accuracy as you make those tiny Flying Geese. Details are in the file.

This month, by request, we're also restarting one of my Mystery Quilts form 2018. It's a fun one called Friendship Garden. 


Some of you may remember working on this in my groups a few years ago. I've introduced it again to take the place of monthly challenges in my groups this year. Some new members in the group who missed out asked if we could do it again. Why not? Usually, we make quilts each month from one of my recent books but this year I started a new Facebook group just for my Schoolgirl Sampler book so there's your other challenge. I'll add a file with directions on my website under the Mystery 2018 page on the 15th of each month - January through June. 

If you don't care for applique, there's an alternate 8" Star block you can use to replace it. Looks something like this. (One more little project I still have to finish . . . .)


And remember, it's not too late to join the Schoolgirl Sampler sew along. Just get the book and jump in and start with the blocks for Week One. We're making them in numerical order so it's easy to catch up.

I really love seeing all of your pretty sampler blocks every week! Always so many pretty fabrics that are new to me. Enjoy your weekend!




No comments:

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails