Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Mystery Quilt Sew Along

I'm starting a Mystery Quilt Sew Along in my Yahoo and Facebook small quilt groups. First block is this cute little house.


Every other month you'll get a free pattern for another block (or blocks) to make another part of the quilt. I'll be sewing along with all of you and, if you keep up, the whole quilt will be finished by late summer or fall 2017 when the "Mystery" is revealed. Sew with us! Just click on one of the group gadgets on the side of the blog to join in the fun. Details and directions can be found in the group Files.

The block patterns will be posted  every other even-numbered month. (We'll still be working on small quilt challenges from my Small & Scrappy book during the odd-numbered months.) Beginners are welcome. This is a no-pressure, do-it-at-your-own-pace project. There will be plenty of time. Pick your own colors and fabrics from your stash or scraps. I am making mine scrappy using some of my favorite colors but the quilt will also look nice as a two-color quilt.

I already have the perfect place picked out for hanging my finished quilt. In the front foyer, where I can see it every time I walk in the door to welcome me home.







15 comments:

Cricketwood prims and gardens said...

I love house blocks! So perfect to hang in a foyer, looking forward to participating in your mystery.

Debra said...

House blocks have long been a favorite of mine as well! Thank you, Kathleen!

Vickie Lewis said...

Thanks for the mystery quilt! Love your patterns!

barbara woods said...

joining in , love your house block

Susan said...

Thank you, I love it!!

Rita Caldwell said...

I follow you by email and on your blog but haven't figured out where to find the pattern for the block. Help please!
Rita

Clare said...

I am not on Facebook or Yahoo but would love to join you. Is so enjoy being part of a mystery.Happy Stitching.

Kathleen Tracy said...

To get the patterns, you have to join either the Facebook group or the Yahoo group (see blog sidebar for links to groups). Once you're a member, go to the group Home page and click on Files. It's titled Mystery quilt 2017.

Rosa said...

So cute.Love your fabric combo!

Aurely said...

A great idea. Would love to join in please.

Candee said...

Yay!! This is going to be so fun. Your front garden is so beautiful & welcoming.

Kathleen Tracy said...

Thanks, Candee - I'll bet you're wondering what we did with all the cold weather and how I grew those flowers here in Illinois in January . . . .

quiltgrannie said...

I should of know you would have blue shutters!! LOL Your front entry is so inviting!! Love the first block, this is going to be fun!!

Cathryn in Corvallis said...

Goody!! This will be fun, Kathy!!
Thanks for getting us started!!
Can you talk a bit about how to choose a palette for a Mystery Quilt?

Dorella said...

posso iscrivermi? mi piacerebbe moltissimo.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails