Sunday, January 1, 2017

Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2017

Happy New Year, Quilting friends (and others)! 2017 will be another year of fun projects and events related to small quilting if I have anything to say about it. In my small quilt groups, we'll have challenges to make more small quilts every other month (there'll be other fun stuff for the in-between months). We'll make new friends and encourage each other to keep going on our projects and dreams. We'll host fun swaps and other events. I'll keep you posted - but, if you are not a member of either the Facebook or Yahoo group, you're missing out. See the sidebar for info on joining. (You can also sign up to receive updates of my blog through e-mail if you like. Just click on the follow by e-mail or subscribe through e-mail gadgets on the blog sidebar to do this and you will be notified each time I write a new post.)  

For our January 2017 small quilt challenge in my groups, we'll be making the "Be My Little Valentine" doll quilt for January. Why January? To give you more time to finish it so you can display it in time for the February holiday. Clever, huh?   It's a very simple quilt using lots of pink, red and cream scraps and the pattern is in my book Small & Scrappy on page 12. 


A lot of you probably have it already (I hope), but I will be giving away a copy of my new book later this week so make sure you come back here for that. If nothing else, the comments are usually fun to read.


We definitely have to fit in this quilt for one of our challenges.

*  *  *

Some of you joined my Papa's Shirts and Mama's Dresses doll quilt club last summer and had fun getting the patterns in the mail and making those quilts (or at least dreaming about making them SOMEDAY). That club ended in November but I am now running it again for those who may have missed out - so here's your last chance to order the patterns before I retire them this year. Find out more here. The first pattern will ship in mid-January.  


Know that I am wishing all of you all the best for the coming year and hope that your dreams and aspirations for 2017 will be achieved. No real resolutions here, but one of my goals is to get back to working on more of my Dear Jane blocks. And make some more quilts for my family (and the sofa) . . . . I love small quilts but I decided I just need a few more large quilts too! 



19 comments:

Ann in PA said...

Have a Happy New Year full of good health, good friends, and qood times spent quilting! Blessings to you and your family, and your furry friend. xxooxx

Candee said...

Happy New Year Kathy! I was hoping this would be first up to be ready for Valentines. Off to pick some fabrics.

Karen said...

I got your book for Christmas and I would honestly love to do every project in it. Love it! Thank you for another great book. So I'm really looking forward to the monthly projects. All the best to you, in 2017!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I have such a long list of small quilts I want to make--hope I am able to accomplish some of them.

Anonymous said...

In 2016 I made a few small quilts, and I want to make more!! So 2017 will definitely see more small projects! I am predominately a hand piecer and hand quilter, and small quilts definitely work for hand work!!
Sandra B
scb304@juno.com

Rosemary said...

At least one mini a month is my goal! Love to make them but have a list of regular sized quilts as well. Here I go again ... another long list! lol Happy New Year!!

annie said...

Good health, manifold blessings in the New Year!

I don't have that book. :)

Hope all your dreams come true!

sdrussell said...

I love all of the small quilts you designed. Looking at everyone's challenge quilts has been great. I have learned a lot just from the color placements. I will have to start saving my pennies for your books. Have a wonderful New Year and continue to make the small quilts that we all love so much.

sue bennett said...

Happy New Year Kathy,

I look forward to another great year of sewing with you and good friends.
Love the quilt you have chosen for us to make in January.

Carol Garnaat said...

Happy New Year, Kathy! And thank you for all you do for us, you are a real inspiration! I am so glad I got the ebook of Small and Scrappy along with the paper version... Last night I wanted to look at the directions for the January challenge quilt and could not find the paper copy! Augh!!!!! I know I put it in my "library book" tote, but what did I do with that???? Sigh.... Ebook to the rescue! I printed out the 2 pages I wanted and now have what I need to start pulling my pinks, reds, whites, and cream fabrics. Bad Dog says, "YAY"!!!!!!!
Carol in Mid-Mich :)

Kathleen Tracy said...

Carol - Gald you could print out the pages from the e-book. It's so nice that if you order the hard copy of a book from Martingale you then receive the e-book free.

Kathy O in GA/AZ said...

I love your plan to have the quilt ready for Valentine's Day - that's my birthday!!! Now to remember to raid my stash back in GA, spending most of my time in AZ now, still trying to get organized so this will be the perfect way. Thank you!

Sophie said...

And a Happy new year for you too

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Kathy!

Jennifer M

Material Girl said...

I would love to win your book- then I could do the bi- monthly challenges. It looks very inviting.

Unknown said...

Love your designs. Don't treat myself to many books. Hope 2017 brings you joy.

carol jo said...

I would love to win a copy of your new book so I can share it with my quilter friend. I love mine. I am not sure what I want to see in your next book, I just love everything, so I guess I just want to see more more more. Keep up the good work. I am working on a wall of little quilts, so will need to be making many many more.

Carol Jo
along the yellowstone river, MT.
crazymtqt@aol.com

grandma j said...

this book has many lovely patterns and I would love to have to be able to use up some of my fabric and to share with my church quilting group

Angela Sue Harrison said...

I would love to win your book- then I could do the bi- monthly challenges. It looks very inviting.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails