Saturday, November 29, 2014

Small Business Saturday

Karen's Holiday Craft sale was a success. Black Friday was never so much fun. Lots of people but no injuries that I'm aware of.  A very well-behaved crowd. Quilters are fantastic, aren't they?






Karen, me, Candee and Cheryl - Small Quilt Fanatics 




I just heard that today is Small Business Saturday. Do your local businesses (like quilt shops and people who make and sell their crafts) a favor and support them this weekend. Without the support of all of you, there would be none of the things you hold most dear available - all that creative inspiration.


A few of my new patterns that I'll have today at the sale. You'll be able to buy them on my website by Cyber Monday.

It was so nice to meet some of you yesterday. Mickeyann was there and asked me to sign one of her quilts. I've signed plenty of books before, but that's the first time that's ever happened.

The sale runs through Sunday.  I will be there today (Saturday) signing books and selling lots of my new patterns for working with wool. If  I don't see you today, you 'll have to wait to get what's new. Here's a sneak peek of some of the patterns that'll be available online soon - 

Wool Mini Christmas Tree Skirt


 My special Christmas ornament pattern.  I had such fun making these - 


Yes, that's Kitten in a Mitten and Mr Rigby (modeled after my beloved Wheaten Terrier pup who passed away) along with their friends Brown Birds at Home.  

And there'll be lots more. Told you I was working  hard. Have a great weekend!


10 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Oh...wish I could come and see all of those goodies in person! Love your new patterns - especially that adorable tree skirt!

Ann in PA said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer to you and Karen. Would be fun to meet everyone in person. Everything looks wonderful! Love those new woolie patterns.

Scrappy quilter said...

So many lovely things. Our family always tries to support small business before we shop at the bigger stores. We love small shops.

Jennifer M said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had! I wish I could of made it, but so glad we brought MIL to see distant relatives:) I plan on making it next year if possible! Love, love your new wool patterns, plan on ordering tomorrow if they are available:))

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

These are lovely.......Will you sell any of your wool things on your etsy shop?

QuiltMargaret said...

Love the Mr. Rigby; reminds me of Baxter, my Best bud and Golden Retriever who passed a year ago. Will have to make one.

Marian said...

Karen's lovely goodies have got me drooling.. so much eye candy!!
Kathy, your new woolly designs are beautiful, you sure have been busy!! I love that cute little kitten in a mitten :)) cheers... Marian

Carmen y Prady said...

Que trabajos más bonitos, todos. Esperamos que pasaras un gran dia de acción de gracias, y que tu viernes de compras fuera perfecto.
Un beso.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the event and especially YOU dear friend!
Blessings
Sue McQuade in IL

sandi s said...

Your patterns look wonderful! I wish I could have been there with you all, it looks like so much fun. Hugs,

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails