Friday, June 20, 2014

Quilt Fest Chicago

Yesterday, I attended my favorite quilt show - The International Quilt Festival in Chicago.



There was so much to see. Quilts on display and vendors galore. I'm so glad they decided to come back to Chicago after a brief hiatus.  If you're anywhere near the area, you should definitely stop by to take it all in. The show is in Rosemont, IL and runs through Saturday (No Sunday hours this year). 

Here are a few of my favorite quilts - 


The Compass Quilt by Kathleen McLaughlin



Dandelions Quilt by Kathleen McLaughlin




 Grandmother Eulah's Flower Garden Quilt by Nancy Davis-Altman


Love the detail in the quilting around the hexagons


Feathers and Stars Abound Quilt by Zvia Strahilevitz-Klein




Quilt by Karen Roxburgh


Hourglass Quilt by Betsy Chutchian


Blindman's Fancy Quilt by Deb Otto




 Antique Diva Pyramids by Diana Petterson and Stars Over Green Pastures by Mary Freeman 


I'll show more photos from the show next week.






10 comments:

lalaluu said...

I would love to see more pics from the Chicago show. Looking forward to the Houston show the first week of November!

Jacky said...

Absolutely fabulous quilts - wow :)

Unknown said...

The quilts are beautiful, thank you for showing these to us, the quilters that live too far away (Australia) to attend. Love your informative blog.

Kris said...

Thank you for this wonderful little mini quilt show!! Oh, if there were only enough time in life to make all the quilts I want to make!! :-)

http://thankfullga447 said...

Thank you for sharing the photos. Amazing, I love the hexie quilt with the red trim.

Me and My Stitches said...

Thanks for sharing! I really wanted to go to the Chicago show again this year but didn't have anyone to go with. Should have e-mailed you!

Jocelyn said...

When my daughter worked in Hinsdale, my BFF and I were able to attend the Quilt Festival one year. It was amazing and I loved meeting so many of the designers.

Donna said...

Loved your favorites!

Rosa said...

Love them all.They are just fantastic!!

Ria van Kasteel said...

Hello, I'm Ria from THE Netherlands and I was on your shop at THE show in Chicago, I also love PTOC and I bought some stuff at your shop. I have also placed some blocks on pienterst.

Happy quilting, Ria

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails