Monday, June 23, 2014

More Quilt Fest Pictures

More photos of Quilt Fest Chicago -

 
Sawtooth X quilt by Kathleen McCrady
 

 
Lots and lots of gorgeous antique quilts.
 


 
Beth at The Quilt Merchant booth

 
Val owns The Quilt Merchant shop.

 
Val showed me what she's been busy teaching and working on - a Patchwork of the Crosses quilt. Do I dare even wonder if I have time to try this?  English paper piecing is so much fun. I found some pretty POTC designs on Pinterest. Oh my, you gotta love all the fussy cutting quilters are doing with these blocks. Maybe I'll just try making one . . . . You've heard that line before. I bet I'll be hooked before I know it.
 

Linda Franz has written a wonderful book on making this quilt.
 

8 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love the info.

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

I LoVe the "Spider Web" quilt with no smashing! Gorgeous! All those wonderful fabrics! Awesome!
Marg

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Oh My! That's "sashing" . My computer changed it. Do you have that problem too?

Carmen y Prady said...

Que maravilla, me encantantan todos.
Un beso.

antique quilter said...

thanks for sharing these with us Kathy how I wished I could have been there. Would love to see all the Diva quilts! Kathie

quiltgrannie said...

Kathy, Thanks for sharing your photos. Once again I missed the show. I really want to start the Lucy Boston quilt but I have told myself I have to finish my hexagon quilt first. It was nice to see Beth and Val, I will have to make a trip to her shop soon!!! Karen

Jacky said...

Such beautiful quilts - I love the reproduction fabrics the most. I have started a Lucy Boston Crosses quilt - I think I have got 9 blocks done. I really should try and get them joined but got sidetracked by hexagons!
www.thequietstitcher.com

Brenda said...

Love all of the beautiful quilts. thanks for sharing.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails