Thursday, November 6, 2014

Holiday Craft Sale - Quilts and More

Every year my friend Karen Schultz has a Primitive Craft & Holiday Sale at her home in Elgin, Illinois. I've been attending for a few years and since she holds her sale on the Fri and weekend after Thanksgiving, it's my kind of Black Friday event to attend. You won't find me among the crowd at the mall - I always find something much more to my liking at her house. It marks the beginning of my Christmas shopping. 


Karen makes some wonderful things I often say I'm going to make myself but I don't actually seem to find the time. This Christmas banner, for instance. Could have made it myself but didn't - with everything going on at the holidays it was so much easier to buy it ready made from her, LOL.

Last year, Karen asked me if I'd like to display some of my handmade earrings at her sale, which went over well. This year she went even bigger and asked me to come back and sell some of my books and also do a book signing.  Of course, I said "Sure!"


I'll be there for a few hours on Friday and Saturday (Nov 28th, 29th) with copies of my books, small quilt patterns, earrings, and will also have several NEW patterns for the wool things I've been working on this month. You won't want to miss this one. I'm very excited to be announcing a new pattern line of some small projects for you to make. (More about that later. You'll have an opportunity to buy the patterns on my website in a few weeks.)


Karen works hard all year making her handmade items  -  quilty things and primitive woolie things that we all love so much. Along with some primitive wooden items for the home, her husband Bill makes those adorable primitive doll beds you always see on this blog that are perfect for displaying small quilts. 


Here are some of the things I've bought from Karen in the past -  some were given away as gifts. 



I admired this quilt and what a wonderful surprise  -  Karen gave it to me as a Christmas present last year. It's always wonderful to get a quilt that's been made by  friend. 


I love these painted wooden carry-alls.  



The cases also fit your rotary cutter.

Here's another sampling of what lovely items Karen makes - along with much, much more.



She makes and sells small quilts!


Pincushions and ornaments make great little gifts.




We hope you'll join us in our wonderful primitive, quilty collaboration this year to kick off your holiday shopping. There's something for everyone. I'd love to meet some of you or reconnect with those of you in the Chicago area I haven't seen in awhile. 


I'll be bringing copies of ALL of my books. (And have some of the quilts from the books displayed.)


Books make great gifts for quilter friends.


(Not primitive or quilty, but my handmade earrings also make wonderful holiday gifts.) 

Hope to see you there! You're all welcome.



12 comments:

sue bennett said...

This looks like it is going to be a great weekend for both of you. I wish I could come. Everything looks so nice in the photos and would love to go to Karens home..

marian said...

OHHHH what lovely goodies!! I'm sure you're going to have a fun weekend, I only wish I lived closer, I'd be there in a flash! cheers... Marian

Sue Robinson said...

Gosh, I wish I had a Karen in my life! It sounds like a great weekend; I suppose it's a bit too far to hop over from France!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Some wonderful handmade items. Have fun while there.

LuAnn said...

I am so jealous. What wonderful items your friend and you have for sale. Wish I lived closer. Have fun!

Carmen y Prady said...

Hermosos trabajos de tu amiga. Es una suerte poder exponer en un mercado todos los trabajos maravillosos.
Un beso.

Liz B said...

I wish I could come too! I'm sure you will all have a great time.
Liz B in England.

Sheri in Iowa said...

Oh how I wished we lived closer.....what fun we could have together. I love all the things that you are working on and all of Karen's things as well. She does wonderful work. I was thrilled to do a Christmas swap with her last year. So fun!!!!

Me and My Stitches said...

How fun! Wish I could be there too - everything just looks so inviting and tempting!

ann hermes said...

Too far away to attend this sale, but I bought one of the black doll beds and had it shipped. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff...would I love to be there.

Unknown said...

I love holidays because not only I can rest but I can also do my shopping since it is holiday sale.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails