Monday, September 9, 2024

Challenge Yourself to Make a Small Quilt Every Month

Quilters - If you have a desire to make more small quilts, we'll be starting a new Monthly Quilt Challenge in my Facebook group on October 1, 2024. I'll help you become motivated to finish more small quilts from some of the patterns I've designed. This little group venture will be organized to help you achieve your goals by working together on a weekly basis to get some things done. Perhaps you'll learn some good organizing skills in the process. We'll see how long we can keep this up. Wouldn't it be nice if you made several quilts to add to your collection (or start one!)?



                             


                                      

This challenge will involve trying to finish one quilt each month - your choice of project. I'm not going to pick one for you since we've done quite a few monthly challenges over the years and some of you have made many of my quilts from my books. My suggestion is - if you have one of my books or patterns, go with what you have. You are all welcome to join in and post photos of your progress as long as you pick a quilt from one of my designs. 



At times, I'll give you a pattern for a specific block and you can challenge yourself to make something from it. Or keep to your own choice of quilt if you prefer. Remember, it's not a contest or race. Some of you will have lots of successful finishes and stay on track. Others may need more of a nudge to keep going if they fall off the path. But please don't fret - if you're in the Facebook group, take advantage of the support I know you'll find there.








So, before we begin, take this time to go through some of my books or patterns, pick out a few you'd like to make and perhaps create a list. If you don't have any of my books, no worries, there are some free patterns in the group files so start there. A little notebook where you can list your quilting goals and weekly progress can be a valuable tool.



This is going to be a very loosely organized event. If you can't start until January, no problem, jump in whenever you like. If you have to miss a month, don't stress - do the best you can. You will be accountable for yourself and set your own goals. We'll be here encouraging you along. 


Another suggestion is to set small goals for yourselves - put 2-3 quilts on your list or in your notebook, at first, then add to the list after you complete those if you feel like you want to continue. Or, if you have some unfinished KT quilts lying around, work on one of those each month. I have quite a few unfinished tops I would like to finish as well. I'm excited to begin! 





1 comment:

Prairie Rose said...

How fun to see all those beautiful and fun little quilts. I enjoyed reading how to set goals and challenge ourselves to making maybe one small quilt a month. Thanks for sharing. Your photo's are amazing.