Saturday, June 27, 2020

Red, White and Blue Season

Summer is here and we're coming up on July. For some of us, that means it's red, white and blue season. I do love the look of quilts made with red, white and blue fabrics. And I am always on the lookout for some pretty prints that combine both red and blue. Especially those with a reproduction theme.


Stars in RWB are always a popular design.


I know some of you decorate with red, white and blue all year long. I've made more than a few of these kinds of small quilts over the years and enjoy displaying some of them around the house in the summer more than any other time of year. 


American Crossroads,from my last book, A Prairie Journey 


Little Red Schoolhouse from Prairie Children & Their Quilts




Union Stars from The Civil War Sewing Circle






Gameboard quilt from Prairie Children & Their Quilts



This one is an oldie  : ) from my first book. 

*  *  *

I pulled some fabrics last week for our Patriotic Pincushion Parade coming up in my Facebook and online groups on the 4th of July. This weekend I'm playing around with the fabric and seeing what I can come up with for a design. Small quilt blocks like the ones we've used in our Mystery quilts or Challenges make cute pincushions. Just sayin' . . . . And, come October, you will have some wonderful blocks to choose from when my new book comes out. Schoolgirl Sampler is LOADED with 4" x 4"  blocks.







Check out my Etsy shop for a Patriotic Pincushions pattern. Some of you asked me for a pattern and now, a year later, I am finally delivering,  LOL. 


Patriotic Pincushions Pattern image 0          


If you don't have any red, white and blue or red, tan and blue in your own collection of little quilts, maybe this weekend is the time to do something about that. Get out your scraps and play around with some simple blocks until something comes to you. It almost always does if you play hard enough, ha ha. And if quilters don't play then they don't really get anything done, right?

Have a good weekend - Looking forward to seeing some of your pincushions in our FB and other online groups!





3 comments:

Colleen said...

I love all your small quilts and have made several from your books :) Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Jackie said...

Love all the little treasures you make. I am making a couple of pincushions,getting creative juices flowing again, they're a little rusty.lol
Looking forward to your new book.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Lovely little quilts and I'm really looking forward to your new book!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails