Sunday, July 31, 2011

Small Quilt Retreat

Here's something for you to think about - What could be more fun than spending a weekend in October at a rustic retreat in Wisconsin, sewing with me and lots of other lovers of doll quilts??

Sound like a good time? If we get enough people to sign up, I'm hosting a Fall retreat in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.  Join me on October 7 - 9, 2011 to celebrate our collective joy of making small quilts.



Total Retreat cost: $180.00. E-mail me at kathyktracy@comcast.net to sign up or get more details. Package includes lodging for 2 nights, meals (Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast) plus a Saturday workshop to make one of my small quilts with an antique touch (a new quilt that isn't in one of my books). I'm also hoping we can have a little fabric or block swap on Friday night, Show & Tell and I'll do a trunk show of some of MY quilts as well. Space is limited so don't hesitate for too long. We're bound to have a good time and, oh yeah, get some sewing done too!



"Oh Maude, did you hear?? A Doll Quilt Retreat!"
"Yes, Agnes, with Kathy Tracy! We definitely should go - I hear it will be the most delightful event of the year! I'll bring cookies and fudge!"

14 comments:

Susan said...

If only Wisconsin and Pennsylvania were closer together...your retreat would be a great way to spend my birthday!

Hélène K said...

I would love to be there but France is too far away from Wisconsin !!

Anonymous said...

oh dear... and so is british columbia! how much i'd love to be there. it will be so wonderful :-)

Ruth said...

Oh! that would be so much fun! I will think about it, but doubt I can come. We have been on a long trip now and when I get home, I don't think I'll want to leave for a long, long time! I love your teddy bears!! I have a blog post about a teddy bears' picnic here: http://countrylogcabin.blogspot.com/2010/10/heritage-days-buttons-and-teddy-bears.html

Zuly said...

That beautiful picture, these bears are lovely and the quilt too. A big hug from Costa Rica,
Zuly Castillo U.

Merilyn said...

What a wonderful retreat venue, it looks great! Wish I could come too, but Australia is a bit too far away!!!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I REALLY hope that you get enough girls so this can happen!!! Karen in IL.

Leeanne said...

Sounds wonderful, but I'm a bit faraway here in New Zealand, but we have retreats here too and they are great.

Sue said...

Oh, I wish I could join you! I would love, love, love, to meet you and see your quilts. Alas, Wisconsin is so far away and my bank account is so empty....

...But I'll be working on my small/doll quilts here in Delaware. I've got half of the blocks appliqued for the Orange Peel Quilt in Remembering Adelia. It's one of my favorites! =)

MiSala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MiSala said...

Oh! Cathleen I love this time.
Your books are so pretty and you are very talented and creative.
This sewing is perfect for fall.
Alas Wisconsin is so far away...
Congratulations fron España!!!

Heartsdesire said...

Oh, I so wish I could be there, but Vancouver Island is just too far away. I know that everyone who signs up will have a wonderful time. Love those bears, and what a sweet quilt they are picnicking on.

Deb said...

Hmmm...Nebraska is NOT that far from Wisconsin...I wonder if I will have any vacation time by then? Hmm....thinking...thinking...thinking...

marian said...

oh Kathy, i wish.. i wish.. i wish i could come..if only!!! why do we live sssoooo far apart..it's sssooo unfair [sulk]!!..maybe one day?? i'll keep wishing my dream comes true!!!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails