Friday, July 1, 2011

Inspired by Magazines

I always get inspired when the quilting magazines come in the mail, don't you? There are some really pretty ones in the August 2011 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting now on newsstands. Don't you love this magazine?? 


(Quilt designed by Anne Marie Yohnk)

(Quilt designed by Kathie Holland)

(Quilt designed by Becky Goldssmith and Linda Jenkins)

See more quilts that appear in this issue from the magazine website - All People Quilt. There are lots of free patterns for small quilts in the archives too. Also, check out the how-to videos! I need some time to go through some of them.

I am also totally inspired to make a small version of this simple quilt I saw in the latest Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine. Don't you just love the scrappy antique look?


I think I might even be able to use some of my scrappy nine-patch blocks I have stored away in a drawer that were made with 1 1/2 inch squares. And I know I have the right pink and indigo for the background and sashing.

The latest edition of Quiltmania has a nice review of my new book and their usual inspiring photos of terrific quilts. Speaking of French magazines, Delphine from France sent me an issue of one of her favorite magazines.


Is this not one of the cutest scissors holders you've ever seen? I can't read the directions (French!) but it looks easy enough to make from the pictures.


Well, I certainly can't say I'm not getting enough inspiration. Now I just have to figure out a way to make time for everything.

10 comments:

DebrafromMD said...

What is the name of the French magazine? I love the framed quilts in the picture and would love to make them.

Merilyn said...

That sure is a neat little scissor holder!! Great idea!!!

Delphine said...

I'm so happy that you like my French magazine "Quilt Country"!If you're interested, I give you the adress of the website of this magazine: www.quilt-corner.com Have a nice week-end!

Leeanne said...

I love that magazine too, nice country quilts.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Oh I DO love that scissor holder. Sew cute! Glad to see that you are getting back in stride.

CathyS said...

Oh oh !!! Look here : http://www.facilececile.com. On your left, you have her book in french AND in english (cadeaux feutrés Felted gifts)and her blog is fabulous!!! Have a nice weekend.

Annie Beez said...

I loved your program at the Prairie Star quilt guild last week. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you, as I had to rush off after the program was over. I was really inspired by your quilts, and even made a little red white and blue quilt this week out of half square triangles. Thanks for the inspiration, and if you want to see my little quilt here is my blog:
http://anniebeezfolkart.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the program!

MARCIE said...

Oh you picked out all my favorites also. Haven't seen the spool/pincushion but I LOVE it!

mimi'sdarlins said...

I subscribe to three quilt magazines, it was four, but I just let one expire b/c I don't have time to read them all! If I had to narrow down to only one, it would have to be American Patchwork & Quilting. I do love anything scrappy or vintage....that's why I read your blog :). That French magazine looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

with all the beautiful colorful fabrics and collections that we see ,it is kind of confusing to me concerning what kind of quilt to make. I like a traditional quilt that was made a long time ago. Is there a suggestion you can make to me as to what are the fundamentals that make up an old quilt look!!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails