Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Day Just for Me

Quilting is not the only thing that soothes my soul. After the past few busy weeks, I needed to take a day just for me for a change. On beautiful days I'm always eager to get out and enjoy nature and am lucky to live close to a great lake with a beautiful shoreline. Sure, I'd prefer the ocean, but this is where I am and it's good enough. Even a few hours spent walking quietly through a path in the woods and along the shore is enough to restore my soul. 



“Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.”

-Rachel Carson



“In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.”

-John Muir


My favorite part - I turn around a bend and then see the water. I swear my heart leaps up every time.


I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.    -George Washington Carver






 Ahh, a day just for me. But it's not over yet so now I'm going to sit outside with the dog and read a book.




To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment. 
-Jane Austen


She always helps me remember to smell the flowers! Next time. I promise I'll take her with me next time.



8 comments:

Debby said...

What a perfect day!

Ann in PA said...

Just looking at your blog post is calming. I love the woodland plants. We all need a "me day". Thanks for the inspiration.

Scrappy quilter said...

What a beautiful place to have a "me" day. Such wonderful photography.

Yvonne said...

It looks lovely that wall t the Lake. Love the quotes. Saw many of John Muir in Yosemite this week. My favotite one is: 'the Mountains are calling and I must go'.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Thanks for reminding us to take a day for ourselves once in a while. Nature is definitely the best remedy for life's stresses.

Jennifer M said...

Sounds and looks like a perfect day Kathy. Sometimes we forget how much this helps us to revive, taking the time out for ourselves. Thanks

Judy said...

What an awesome place to walk! That is a huge lake, do you ever paddle it? You are so right, being outside enjoying nature really does feed your soul. It sounds like you had a great day.
Happy stitching,
Judy

jane nj/wi said...

If I were your pup are I would turn up my coal black nose and walk to another part of the garden since I wasn't taken along in the adventure walk......harrumph ......

grew up NW Chicago and have to admit never got much Lake Michigan time except in winter on a stinky smelly fishing boat doing a group research grant while I was in college....all the big beefy manly young men fellow students. Well they "fed the fishes" while I did the work. Never got seasick even with a stinky Diesel engine spewing fumes and deafening us......I think your views might be a bit more scenic and better fodder for the soul....nice share, thanks!

Jane on her own small lake Up Nort

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails