Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More Pretty Quilts


Here are a few more quilts that were on display at the show I attended last week in Wheaton, IL. Hope they inspire you as much as they inspired me.


Leaf Play, made by Beth Huhn Hoffman, inspired by a Sue Spargo workshop.


The House Kaffe Built made by Elizabeth FitzGerald.


A fun setting for some signature blocks. Quilt made by Elizabeth FitzGerald.


\

Judy Scheppach made this quilt from a Lori Smith pattern.


I think I used to have a doll like this when I was very young. It was cheap and I started to buy it for old time's sake but my good sense got the better of me. What would I do with it? I really didn't need an old doll - it was just as much fun remembering. Breakthrough: I really don't need so much "stuff" anymore.


Mary Zenger hand pieced this quilt designed by Sue Daly.


Just darling.


Quilt made by Ginny Wright.


Susan Strasser made Lucy Boston Broke My Heart.


Tree of Life quilt made by Barb Vlack,  inspired by a Sue Spargo workshop.




Center portion of the Pennies from Heaven quilt made by Marcia Cameron, designed by Gretchen Gibbons. Look at the beautiful hand-dyed wool.


Can you tell I'm inspired by all the wool applique quilts I see everywhere? I'm playing around with wool this week.







12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Amazing! I can only dream of once making a quilt so beautiful as one of these......

belarmina said...

preciosos edredones !!me gustaría hacerlos todos
Maria que gran trabajo el diseño de Sue
he tenido la gran suerte de asistir a un curso de Sue en Madrid, que día mas increíble pasamos
saludos

Donna Keating said...

Wool projects recently became my passion. Oh what fun ...no needle turn.

Rose said...

All of them are beautiful but I love the Sue Spargo inspired quilts.

Carmen y Prady said...

Que maravillas de trabajos. Nunca hemos hecho nada en lana, pero tendremos que probar.
Un beso

agullainquieta said...

Preciosos tots, són molt macos!
Una abra

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you, but it always takes me aback a little when I see items from my childhood labeled "vintage". I can't possibly be that old yet!

Frances

quiltgrannie said...

I know what you mean Kathy, I have also learned to just enjoy the memory!!

kathy osterby said...

Kathy-That doll would have been right at home in the bed Karen in Elgin made for you lol

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed seeing you there. This is the second time attending the Wheaton quilt show, it is one of the best! I realized that I did not see any of your books in the book sale. Not that I need one since I have them but I think that is a compliment to you, no one just donates their Kathleen Tracey books because they are so loved. I bought plenty of scrap material for many more doll quilts. Mickey

darlynn said...

the cross stitched pin cushion...love it! Do you know the maker or pattern?

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing all of the beautiful quilts.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails