Friday, December 23, 2011

'Twas the Day Before Christmas Eve . . .

 . . .  And someone is scrambling around trying desperately to get things finished and ready for the holiday. Am I the only one?? I love Christmas!

Running around today looking for some little things to put in the kids' stockings -


Yes, they still get stockings, bigger than this one, LOL, even though they're 18 and 23 . . . . I love "pin tins." Found these Hello Kitty tins filed with candy for my daughter that will be just perfect for my applique pins after she eats the mints and tosses them away. Good thinking, huh? I love Christmas!

I'm not making any quilts this year, been busy making some jewelry though -


I love Christmas!


Who's the lucky girl who's getting some homemade earrings? Shhhh. Don't worry, I went to Ulta and Forever XXI at the mall too.

Haven't done much baking but my plan is to make a few batches of cookies tonight. More peppermint bark too . . . I love staying up late and baking after everyone else has gone to bed. I'll put on some quiet Christmas music. It will just be me and Michael Buble . . .  in the kitchen, baking the cookies.

Always something to do . . . Hurry, hurry . . .  Can you tell I'm a bit stressed? Not enough hours left . . . Need to run and get more groceries for Christmas Eve dinner. Family is coming over tomorrow night and I'm baking a ham, cheesy potatoes and also spinach lasagna. My daughter is vegetarian so the lasagna has become one of our Christmas traditions (red and green). Hope it stays a family tradition if all that cheese doesn't kill us off, LOL. I sure love Christmas!



15 comments:

Quiltn Mama said...

What pretty, dainty earrings! I'm sure they'll make someone very happy. I saw your earlier post about peppermint bark...had my first taste yesterday and boy was it yummy! Have a blessed Christmas...slow down and enjoy.

WoolenSails said...

I wear Hello kitty jammies and I am old, lol.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie

Kathleen Tracy said...

Ooooh I need to get me some of those Hello Kitty jammies LOL.

Teresa in Music City said...

Seems like everything is Hello Kitty right now, which is a good thing because one of my granddaughters is totally obsessed with her! I had NO problem shopping for her this year. Love the tins! And your jewelry is beautiful!

Loving Christmas too!!!!
=^..^=

Julierose said...

Kathleen--lovely earrings--you are multi-talented. Hope your holidays are filled with joy and laughter...Julierose, La Blaguese

Marsha B said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time with your family!

Anonymous said...

Love the homemade earrings.

Diane said...

my sister has Christmas dinner-she's a vegetarian too and makes a too die for Spinach Lasagna. My daughter and I look forward to that more than anything else on the buffet.
Merry Christmas!

Samantha said...

I am nowhere near done, and more keeps coming at me! I find that getting things for my kids stockings is way more fun the older they get. :)

I spent 17 hours in the sewing room yesterday and into the wee hours this morning, but not finishing things I had to do! I was saving my husband from being the worst Secret Santa ever and making gift bags for all his goodies to go into!

~Sami

To see what I made you can see this post.. http://quazyquilter.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-love-man-but-he-is-clueless.html

Betty Lou said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Kathleen. I look forward to 2012 to more sewing and DOLL quilts. How about you?

sara said...

This is such a lovely festive post with all my favourite things...........who could resist some quiet nightime Christmas baking accompanied by the gorgeous Michael Buble........the sparkling earrings are lovely.

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

lily

Cheryl said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! May the holidays be full of joy and laughter and the new year bring health and happiness.

Ingrid said...

This really puts me in Christmas mode!! Hope I'm one of the lucky girls who gets the darling Christmas tree earrings. LOL.

Marijke said...

Have a merry Christmas and a healthy and creative 2012!
groetjes Marijke

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Lovely earrings, Kathy! Didn't know you made jewelry, too! The cards you attach them to are so pretty. Love the Hello Kitty tins, too. I'm thirtysomething and still love Hello Kitty! Sorry I'm so behind in commenting on holiday posts. It's been crazy here!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails