Thursday, July 28, 2011

Another Hole in My Head

I need new fabric like I need a hole in the head - and I say that every time I go into a shop. It's been a while since I've shopped for fabric because, as you know, I've been taking a little break here. But, I finished the blocks for my daughter's college quilt and needed to get the sashing fabric.  What's wrong with doing a little shopping for myself while I was there, huh?

I don't need ANYTHING really but I couldn't resist a couple of new pieces (!) just to get me dreaming about the little quilts I'm going to make SOMEDAY . . . I have a few in mind, just still working on the time thing.


It's raining here this morning and I didn't want to get myself or the fabric wet by taking it out in the garden - my favorite spot for taking photos lately.


I had some of this lovely Moda print (in middle) a few years ago and I was excited to find more! How about that? I love stumbling upon older fabrics I've used before.



I'll get the sashing  done on the college quilt and then if the Princess (no, not the little dog, Princess Lia) -


- the OTHER princess, the Princess Who Wants A Quilt, will spend the time to go fabric shopping with me someday, we'll decide on the border.


She's always been a Pink Girl at heart and wants a brown/pink print for the border. I'm trying to talk her into this one from Jo Morton's Spice Chest line. She's not sure and wants to look around a bit.

It's getting close to finishing time and I don't want to take a chance and surprise her with my choice just to get it done because she's very particular, and if she doesn't like it, well . . . let's just say I'd be upset. Might even put another hole in my head.



14 comments:

Cille said...

Shopping always brightens up a grey day... It will be exciting to see the final layout of the quilt :)

Mary Marcotte said...

Oh, what yummy fabrics! I love these pictures. Thanks for sharing....I may have to drop in to a little shop later today, just cause!

Christine Staver said...

Beautiful fabrics....we all need a hole in our heads once in a while!

Beth said...

Wow what great fabrics. Now I want to go shopping. No must get some projects finished before collecting any more. Must. Try. Be strong. :)

Deb said...

Really great fabrics. I was born with an extra hole in my head too. I don't need anymore fabric, but somehow I always bring more home with me.

Heartsdesire said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of those wonderful fabrics. It's too bad your daughter won't give you the go-ahead to pick the fabric for the border as your taste is excellent. But we all know what kids are like. If they don't like it, they won't wear it. I guess that applies to quilts too.

Diane said...

Wonderful fabrics you've got there. I also love finding more of a fabric from an older line that I really liked-it's the unexpectedness of it, I think!

Kathleen Tracy said...

Yes, like a little surprise gift.

Cheryl said...

I feel your pain. My princess also has her own style and fabric likes! I love the border you choose...and the new fabric combos!

Christie said...

Love your new fabrics! Have you seen Jo's (morton) new "Sweet Emelie" line? She has some pink ones in there that the Princess might like. I love her newest line!!! What a way to brighten a rainy day - with fabric!!! HUGS... and stitches

Merilyn said...

Your caption to this post really made me laugh!!! Oh! how I know that feeling LOL!!!!
I have some of the Jo Morton prints you showed and yes I love that beautiful flower print myself. I did think at the time that would make a beautiful border fabric!!! I can't wait to see the finished quilt, it should be spectacular! The guilt of buying fabric only lasts a little while anyway.... just enjoy....
I hope your recovery is moving ahead now and that you are feeling better these days.

marian said...

Kathy, you're not the only one LOL!!! i love your fabric choices..i recognize a few of them. Your daughter's quilt will be gorgeous, i'm sure!

btw i used the burgundy spotty fabric in the border of my siggy quilt.

Unknown said...

I like your choice, but I also understand wanting your daughter to love it as much as you do.

quiltingnana said...

nothing wrong with a little fabric shopping..you done good

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails