Saturday, October 2, 2010

Keeping Busy

Look what came in the mail last week -

This new book by Tricia Maloney is full of great ideas for using those vintage blocks you see at antique shows and flea markets. I've always been tempted to buy some but wasn't sure what to do with them when I got home. Now I know! What a great idea.



Thanks, Tricia, and good luck!

Ingrid came over to visit on Friday and brought me a birthday present - the new book by Blackbird Designs. I'm not sure how she knew I secretly craved it, but that must be exactly why we call them good friends, you know? 




Don't know if I'm up for making an appliqued bed quilt just yet, but this block looks doable or maybe a cross-stitch sachet or pincushion is something I can work on while resting on the sofa?? In addition to lovely quilts, it's also got some lucious recipes I'm anxious to try when I get back to cooking.

The Dr said I can sit at the sewing machine for 15 minutes a day, no more for now, so this weekend I'm going to take him up on that and use my machine to stitch the doll quilt with the pink and blue blocks I hand pieced from last week. The only trouble is, every time I get up from the couch, someone steals my spot! Sweetie that he is, I'm guessing he's just keeping it warm for me . . . .

9 comments:

Hubertine said...

Two wonderful books! Lovely to be so spoiled! I hope your recovery goes quickly. 15 minutes per day at the sewing machine is a start! Have a nice weekend! Greetings Hubertine

Jantine said...

I am sure that is exactly what he is doing, keeping your spot warm! Take your time and enjoy the sewing time!

Cheryl said...

So glad you can get to your machine, even if it is just for a short time. Great books. I do have a few antique blocks. Maybe I should search them out and do something with them.

Quiet Quilter said...

15 minutes a day doesn't seem like much, but it does add up. Don't overdo, and take your time. Your possible projects look great. And so does your place warmer!

Susan said...

Enjoy the time you can at your sewing machine but please don't overdo. I had to stay in bed for six weeks once and could not do any stitching so I do understand how anxious you are to be up and about. At least you have someone looking out for you and keeping your spot warm.

Ingrid said...

I'm glad you like the book. I like it too! Can't wait to see how many of those projects you're going to make for me - not to mention the yummy recipes in the book. Just kidding. I'm so glad you feel better. It was good visiting with you!!

Ingrid said...

That picture of Rigby is tooo cute!

marian said...

i LOVE your two new books, Kathy i might have to check out the top one cause i've got quite a few vintage blocks in my collection. i'm so pleased to hear you're getting stronger and able to do some machine sewing.
i hope you had a very happy birthday :) cheers, Marian x

Heartsdesire said...

How funny your dog is. I'm sure he has no other thoughts than keeping your spot warm. Sounds like you are getting better every day. And what a good friend you have to bring such a great book. Looking forward to seeing a photo of the blue-and-pink doll quilt. Take your time though, no need to rush.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails