Monday, August 30, 2010

Walking in an English Garden, Sort of

My husband and I can't afford a trip to England right now and so I have to compensate by bringing England to us. We had a day here in the Midwest recently that wasn't too hot - perfect for walking through the Botanic Garden, which is just a few minutes' drive from our house. One of my favorite spots there is the English Walled Garden. A serene and peaceful haven - and, best of all, there were not very many people visiting that day. One lady followed me about a bit, watching as I skulked around with my camera and tried to make sure I got pictures of everything. "Did you get this??" "Go over there - it's beautiful!" LOL. People are funny.



I took numerous photos of this lovely blue gate. It matches the shutters on my house . . .







English Meadow


I love this place! Very relaxing. It's like a little piece of England here in the States.


My own garden is looking kind of raggedy now - I wonder if next time they would let me bring my English Rose dishes so I could sit down and have myself a spot of tea!


9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thank you from the desert southwest! No green or pretty zinnias here right now. A refreshing post.

Munaiba said...

Lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Parag said...

This is so beautiful. By looking at the photos I can imagine how calm and serene it must be.
Walking in the garden
as good as this is beneficial to the health too. It energizes you physically and mentally.

ria vogelzang said...

Great pictures!! Love the gate and walkingsteps!

Sue said...

Yes, You really could be in England- It looks a very nice garden to be snapping with your camera.
I enjoyed walking with you.
Sue in England

Alberta Gal, Shauna said...

Love the garden. I wish I could grow something like that here in Alberta Canada, but I guess... We will just have to view this and dream.

quiltingnana said...

I'd love a stoll in that garden

maria said...

Thanks so kindly for sharing this beautiful garden tour with us.

Marie

Mamen said...

Los jardines son una preciosidad, muy bonitos
Saludos desde ESPAÑA
MAMEN

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails